Tonights Karting

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

John Wallis
Seasoned

Tonights Karting

Post by John Wallis »

Thanks to Alastair for organising tonight's karting it was great fun and very competitive. It's amazing what can become from a pint and a chat in the Lion and Lamb :) I think we should do that again sooner rather than later.

Nice one

JW
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

My first time karting and I must say it was excellent you cant help but go all out. Getting used to feeling like your going to loose it in the corners takes a little while though as your powering through on the edge of control.

Thanks Alastair
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

It was a grand evening, and if I had not been handicapped by a kart that was so slow in accelerating......

Ok, ok, a sore loser :D :D :D :D

But at least I was faster than Mr Wallis.....!!!!

And we will have to do it again soon!
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Only just!

Alastair Wolf....1:12:24

John Wallis......1:12.48

Looking at everybody's fastest laps we all deserve a pat on the back it was pretty close from 1st to last.

JW (Ex Stig) :???:
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Thanks indeed Alastair,

Having only been there once before on a shortened circuit, I now know the full circuit. So next time I might be able to find that second a lap needed to get after your boy!

But still happy to come second to a young whipper snapper who's been round that track a million times from the age of 3.

I would also like to mention the appalling lack of gentlemanly behaviour from some of the people who were getting lapped and the next time I will be carrying an air horn to indicate that I am coming through. :) Wallis I recall was having none of it and even had the Gaul to raise his hand in protest at me nudging him politely to indicate one of the leaders was needing to be on his way and to get out of his feckin way. Another, the name I can not recall, nearly had me off onto the grass at full tilt!

Blue flags were a huge miss and I will be putting an official request that the next time this is implemented.

Am I starting to take this a little to serious?

Sooner than later for sure, for me John.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Alexander confesses to being a ringer...... he has been round that track hundreds of times.

And he did mention that most people were taking a completely wrong line through the back chicane, leading onto the back straight upto the hairpin.

For a pint, I am happy to let you into the secret Steve!!
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

The whole track needed much exploration for me, there was loads of areas where there was much room for improvment. Does your lad still race?
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

I might come next time and show you all how it's done including the whipper snapper!! Might even bring one of me customers cars!!
Cheers
Lewis!
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Alexander has not raced for a while.

The Junior categories are cheap, using a sealed honda 4 stroke engine, so it is a level playing field.

But once the kids get over 13ish, you are looking at 2 stroke engines costing a couple of grand each, and needing rebuilding every 10 to 15 hours. The competitive ones would have two or three engines to use over a weekend......

How do you make a small fortune in motor racing?

Start with a large one.......

:D :D