Paramotoring..... who does it???

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

GlennP
Regular

Paramotoring..... who does it???

Post by GlennP »

Anyone do paramotoring in the club? I've seen a few posts by Mike Brown and I see from his avatar he rides on the dark side.

I am interested in strapping a bit fan to my fan and taking off from flat fields on still wind days giving me the opportunity to fly more.

I was after checking out what kind of kit people have, who they trained with and where to go in the NE for TO and landings, eg the coast.

I've been looking at a Walkerjet Superhawk and a RAD Arrow for starters but want to find out from peoples independant experiences of paramotoring in the NE ie not someone trying to flog me a motor/course

Thanks in advance,

Glenn
You are only as good as your last flight........
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

i fly a bailey four stroke but i must say i do find a lack of enthusiasum to fly it at the minute. i did have a rad javlin and although light it was just so noisy. then i got the parajet volution though a bit heavy it was very nice and comfortable to fly the i got a bailey lovely smooth no 2 stroke to mix but very heavy and much harder to land and take off then the parajet. given your size i would o for something with a bit of power like the parajet macro or pap paramotors are supposed to be good but there is normaly lots of cheep ones for sale out there

cheers gary
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Slightly of topic, but your name came up in conversation at the dinner table in Brazil...... Not from me or Tony!

You are world famous Gary!
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

funny i beleive chris little had a similar conversation with some one in napol i think it seems that some good may of come of my accident and my bad spelling. all good i hope.

how was the holiday as it does look like you and tony had some great flying, we even managed to get in some canny flying in the last week ourselves.

cheers gary
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

It was actually in the context of paramotoring!

A scottish guy called John Coutts brought up your name.
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
Chris L
Regular

Post by Chris L »

Yes the Geordienut was even talked about in Nepal, by Nepalese paragliders. Gary you are truly infamous :!: :evil:
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

Hi Glenn,
Give me a call whenever you like and i'll fill you in on what you need to know.
Regards

Mike(Brown)
GlennP
Regular

Paramotoring

Post by GlennP »

Will do Mike. Can you PM me your number?

Gary I'll get back to you aswell.

Cherrs,

Glenn
You are only as good as your last flight........