Millau Magic Day 4

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Colin Chapman
Mingling

Millau Magic Day 4

Post by Colin Chapman »

Although the wind had died a little it was obvious no flying would take place today, so after brekki all 8 of us headed over to the outdoor center.
There was 2 rivers each offering 4 routes. The Tarn being the scenic option was scrapped as the Doubie was the obvious choice being full of rapids and more suited to our expert abilities. Also being experts the 17k run (their hardest) was the only real option. After being dropped off up river we set out and the first 30 mins was easy as we made the 1k mark. It was red hot and harder work than any of us expected the word clueless replaced the earlier expert title as we crashed and tumbled our way down river, in fact which ever boat b
Bill was in became known as the yellow submarine for obvious reasons. After what seemed like several hours but in reallity only 3 we stopped for lunch at a nice beach type beauty spot. Dozens of Royal Blue Dragonflys hovered around the inlet and I have never seen such an abundance of Butterflys of all types in my life, but the most stunning of all were the Electric Blue beatles which danced around the flowers displaying their flight gear beneath there metalic like shells. All this beauty and no cameras due to our underwater antics, however a nice memory to etch up on our chalkboards of life. 
All aboard we were off again and sure enough it wasn't long before the children started playing. 
Bill somehow thought it was Bruce Willis that was captain jack and proceeded to board our kayak the result was 15 minutes trying to pull him aboard in a deep section of water. By now everyone was knackered and coupled with the fact Bills gammy shoulder wasn't helping saw us heaving and hoeing eventually landing him across our bough with his shorts round his knees and fuller figured hairy arse on display for all to see, oh what I would have gave for a waterproof camera right then.
The hangies +Glen made ground on us and soon were out of sight as us lazy floppy lot drifted slowly homeward, one thing I learned that day was 17k is a long way for an unfit lazy bunch like ourselves. 
As our campsite came into view my body breathed a sigh of relief it was siesta time and chance to recharge the batteries. 
The eve meal was Andrew's pasta special with a nice salad from Wendy while we watched the spectacular thunderstorms dance around us and being Bastille day a multitude of fireworks complimenting it.

Mr metcheck promised better conditions tomorrow fingers Xed
  [/list]
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Chris L
Regular

Post by Chris L »

Good stuff Colin, Keep it going
:)
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Brilliant write ups Col!

I am just so glad that I missed the sight of Bills bare arse.....
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........