Lakes Charity Classic

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Chris L
Regular

Lakes Charity Classic

Post by Chris L »

A truly amazing weekend organised by Gordie and his team, supassed all expectations. :[]: Thank you so much (y)
The weather gods were kind and gave us some pumping thermals for the comp on Friday and Saturday and the evenings were just spectacular with Felix doing some incredible acro and the giro copter and heli in both days
Got my first shot in the heli and a brilliant speedfly from High Crag with the other guys launching together in nil winds from a committing take off
Just left me buzzing :egrin:
Partied until the early hours on Sunday, very tired but very very satisfied
Looking forward to next year already :home:
Got some really cool video footage (to follow in the next few days when I'm recovered :8: )
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

I'll second that Chris. I'm not sure where to start?
Amazing acro, speed flying, music, weather and banter.
The crack in the car and the post flight pub was just hilarious.
Round the camp fire with Kay, Anto, Bill (Chubby Brown) Scott and Jim singing.
Boogying with Naomi, Chris and Jan until dawn.
Felix debagging (twice) and world record tumble attempt.
Following Colin and Chris flying his 13m bob cat off the Moss was great.
Paolo's band (Q-Nim) were fantastic, they stole the show, All along the Watchtower, rocking, just brilliant. :home:
Paolo, you rock, nice one, I hope someone got a vid?

If Carling made Paragliding events, they would be doing well to get anywhere near this one.
A massive thank you to Gordie, Ed, Mike and the huge team that made the event happen and congratulations.
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

Jim Bittlestone wrote: If Carling made Paragliding events, they would be doing well to get anywhere near this one.
A massive thank you to Gordie, Ed, Mike and the huge team that made the event happen and congratulations.
Says it all...& Hey Paulo....Even Paul was dancing to you guys. You were GREAT .....

What a weekend :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home:
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
paolo
Mingling

Post by paolo »

Hey,Hey!!!

Guys thank you for your support, at the end of the day, all this is for my friends, and to have a good time with people. I feel very grateful for having such brilliant people around. Going back to buttermere it's like going home (and when I mean home I mean my house here cose I love this country), I feel the love in the air.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

It's a blessing to have those type of experiences, and is something you should try one day. PLaying in a band is a dream come true. We have been called now for two festivals. On sunday, people approached us in our tents after been in the LCC, so we will work hard and see if we can improve and grow at the same pace the LCC is doing.

See you all soon.
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

Thats great news Paolo! :home: :[]: :[]: :[]: