well are there any plans for a camper van invasion anywhere

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

well are there any plans for a camper van invasion anywhere

Post by gary stenhouse »

well the weather is all over but if the high comes in sooner then there is every chance we may fly sunday and moday and the west is looking best

cheers gary
Dave Hunter Snr
Mingling
Full Name: David James Hunter

Post by Dave Hunter Snr »

Well Gary, If you have a penchant for the Cheviots, it's looking like a Hepburn Wood day For Sat, if the rain stays away!
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

I agree with gary west looks best to windy this side for pg. so why not have a northumbrian invasion of the lakes :idea: gather the troops at ousby sat night for an evening of fizzy beer singing and dancing then up early and off to the lakes in convoy find the best sight for the day and show those mamby pamby cumberland sausage eaters how to really fly. :lol:
so take the kings shilling and sign up below your club needs you :D

ahh but not forgetting the hg comp on monday is it still on :?:
decisions decisions I hate making decisons somebody please tell me what to do :???: :x
I HATE COMPUTERS
Brian Nellist
Chatty

Post by Brian Nellist »

Grasmere Show
Grasmere Show is on 29 August. This year there are 2 known aerial activities. A Notam has been issued for a Red Falcons Parachute Jump Exercise which covers a circle, 5nm radius, surface to FL080; drop time 1515 BST. The area is in force from 1445 to 1545 BST. There will be a Search and Rescue display. The event is timed to start at 1145; therefore it would be best to assume that flying activities could affect the area from 1130. The helicopter is scheduled to land at 1205 and is scheduled to depart at 1500. The show website states "Additionally, there may be a flypast by RAF aircraft during the day, subject to weather and RAF agreement." Therefore it will probably be best to avoid the area, including the Thirlmere and Dunmail Raise valley.
10/08/2010 With much regret the Club has had to withdraw from this year's Grasmere show. This year's show will include a search and rescue sea king demo, sky diving demo and possible RAF fly pasts as well as the usual trail hound conflict. Our paragliding launch window was so reduced (about 30 minutes in 10 min slots between 1030 and 1130) as to be hard to justify on grounds of safety and practicality
Cheers.
Brian. 075403610ninenine

Aka the caretaker

Always keep your feet firmly on the ground, even when your heads in the air.
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

i think for me i will be leeving in the morning and hope to fly clough later in the day then hopefuly it might be carrock monday
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Picking up newly engaged son from the airport at 2.30am then will see how things shape up, but there is a good swell forecast for Sunday / Monday as well, so could be back in the water again.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

well the van is loaded and ready to go all we need now is some inspiration in the weather probably the lakes i think

though there is talk about going to llangolan in wales for monday but just not too sure if i can handle the drive and then the drive back if i do go crosscountry

cheers gary
Colin Chapman
Mingling

Post by Colin Chapman »

Well n wend are off to ousby to meet up with bill for a night in the the fox (fizzy beer, food and live music on sat nights usually) then we will asses conditions in the morning and prob head over the lakes. We have our bikes with us so if it's not flyable will be doing a route around the keswick area all welcome

For update on weather feel free to ring me on 07976820744

Col n wend x
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

though there is talk about going to llangolan in wales for monday but just not too sure if i can handle the drive and then the drive back
Nothing to it mate, record for Llangollen is 3 hours 7 mins in a Peugeot 205 gti, driver, passenger and 4 kayaks on the roof.
Used to do the return in a day plus 2 x 2hour training sessions, one at Serpents Tail and one at town, a measly xc will be much less energy!
Have to admit though, my best was 3 hours 15mins in the orion ghia i, but that is doorstep to first paddlestroke!!!!! Tyres didn't last long back then!
Surf still looking good for Monday, dawney at Longsands, low tide at Eddies and high at secrets or hartley, sounds better to me. :-)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

its looking very windy in thee lakes tomorrow even until late

however i think tinto could be looking good for an evening punt about then monday could be very good, still cant decide but want to have a night away somewhere

cheers gary
Graeme Gilroy
Regular
Full Name: Graeme Gilroy

Sunday

Post by Graeme Gilroy »

I'm in bowness and it's rained all night and still is . Sky is a manky grey blanket - loads of room for improvement I suppose , if it brightens il post
Cheers
Graeme
it's a fine line between heaven and here
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

well it's looking too windy all of today, though i may still head out later. i still think that they are given a forecast of a light northerly for the west and north tomorrow and i do think that tinto could be a good place to be. so i think might have a run somewhere then camp overnight at the quarry ready for any early start.

cheers gary
Graeme Gilroy
Regular
Full Name: Graeme Gilroy

Tinto

Post by Graeme Gilroy »

Tinto could be ye best bet as although there are brighter patches coming through it is windy on the lake down here now
it's a fine line between heaven and here