Time to give up?

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

MadDog
Chatty

Time to give up?

Post by MadDog »

So sad that the club comp never came off yesterday…..Another thirty degrees off to the right would have just about done the trick….a few degrees warmer might even have helped….less cuddling up together in fear of the unknown could have changed the outcome…..but no…..So there you go….another day, another club comp, bites its way onto the canned goods shelf…..
All that enthusiasm just gone to waste…..shame…that such a good turn out of keen pilots got rewarded with nowt for all the effort that got put in…..
I know that If I was club chairman I would have treated you all to the meal of your choice back at the Cumberland….especially as I knew that they didn’t start serving meals until after six o’clock….and it was three thirty when we got there….
Well….its the thought that counts!
I know that we may never have that comp now that the days of darkness are just around the corner….Clocks go back very very soon and then there will be no chance of a chance, and that short summer of opportunity that you nearly had will be all gone…..
What can you do?
You always seem to pay such a high price for something that you never even get…
Seventy miles to High Cap……Seventy miles back again….we pull up outside Brian Day’s front door, Gary turns around dressed in his bus conductors uniform, ticket machine at the ready….Green tickets, white tickets, red tickets all at the ready,….Brian starts to cry…cos he can’t stand the thought of parting with his pocket money….a few slaps around the kisser brings him back to reality, then we empty out his pockets and kick him out the van…..He loves it!....Beats flying every time.

But it’s a queer old game isn’t it?
No matter how much flying you get, you never seem to get enough….there has to be an answer to it somewhere…..
I don’t have it…..
All I know is that another “Never Got” year is nearly over and I ain’t going to get, this coming winter, what the summer still owes me,
So that being said…..roll on next summer…and what I wish for myself I also wish for you….
They also serve….who only stand and wait!

And this is a reminder of what that white stuff looks like!
Attachments
DSCF0621-1.JPG
DSCF0621-1.JPG (73.11 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

happy days this was on another day of such a promise
still spain in 2 weeks so we might get some sun on are bones

cheers gary
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Hey keep smilling John, get down to Tynemouth and watch everyone having a chat in the water over a nice beer. With a good swell and a comp on at the weekend you might even catch site of someone doing that elusive trick of standing up on those wobbly things.
AND,,,,, if you can believe anything those weathermen say, it might be flyable at XFell on Saturday and Model on Sunday, or failing that,,,,,,(just for Ronnie) Titters on Saturday and the Bell on Sunday :twisted:
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

No Brian

Post by ron freeman »

No Brian Moneylaws on Saturday and Hownam Sunday (best club site) 8)

Xfell too windy again for PG
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)