Barton from CSC please read

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

jill mcgeachie
Chatty

Barton from CSC please read

Post by jill mcgeachie »

This is a message from the CSC so have a read

Barton Fell
by groundhog » Sunday 24 Jul 2011 5:28 pm
We are now well into the pony trekking season so all pilots are asked to adhere to the site restriction which precludes pilots from flying back to the car park before 5pm. Some newer pilots may be unaware of the history. A couple of years ago a pilot flew low over a pony trekking group spooking a pony which threw a small child to the ground. The police were informed (unbelievable but true) and the estate management brought into the matter. We agreed the pre-5pm restriction with the pony trekkers as a sensible compromise. It can be a serious pain in the backside, particularly for local pilots (e.g. me).

Today was a particularly busy donkey day but at least one pilot flew back to the fell gate carpark around mid-afternoon. Whilst I am sure the pilot did nothing likely to interfere or endanger the pony trekkers he was highly visible and demonstrated that we as a flying community cannot deliver on our agreements. Whatever the reason, can pilots please avoid doing this and please spread the word about the restriction so that non-CSC, non-local, non-forum pilots get the message.

This my year - 2009!