Hardcore Fantasy

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

Hardcore Fantasy

Post by chrisfozz »

Sometimes I think I need to get out more,

Anyway, I was wondering, is the Chairman’s prize still up for grabs this year? Foor those who don’t know this is awarded for the longest flight from a flying site in the Cheviots. I may be wrong but at present, I believe the big boy out in front is Brian with a magnificent effort of 11k from east hill a few weeks ago.

Will he be on the money or will one of the elusive Northumbrian Hardcore pilots come through and pull off a big one?
Stuart Bertram
Chatty

Post by Stuart Bertram »

Fnarr Fnarr !!!!
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Stuart Please, This is a family site !!
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

11 k was..

Post by ron freeman »

Chris, Brians East hill XC of 11 k was a big one because of the conditions on the day, his flight was excellent by using small thermals to get into the sea breeze then going for it, he should be on the money for that flight ! 8)
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

he should be on the money for that flight !
For 11K get real ......... Actually having thought about it 11K from East Hill must be the equivalent 100K from Tinto.
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Thought

Post by ron freeman »

John, this was a very good flight ! and deserves every credit for it. My thoughts go to why you never went over the back of East hill.. I'm sure there were many days that you could of.

I've also have had many days on East hill where I should of gone for it but didn't ? just three weeks ago Kevin Smith was well away over the back with a beautiful cloud street straight over the Cheviot but came back because of no organised retrieve..

All sites are Xc-able even coastal sites but the decision has to be made with a clear mind or it just does not happen.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

To be honest Ron I don't think I ever got a thermal that was good enough to go in, the land down hill never phased me in the slightest Brian knows I'm just pulling his leg.