Walney to wear by bike

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

John Wallis
Seasoned

Walney to wear by bike

Post by John Wallis »

Anyone done this route I've heard it's canny ??
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

Colin and Wendy have done it I think its a tuff un :lol: :lol:
I HATE COMPUTERS
chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

on yer bike

Post by chrisfozz »

Colin Chapman
Mingling

Post by Colin Chapman »

Hey John

Yep as Bill said both myself and Wendy have done the W2W and it was mostly a really beautiful route, however the Weather was against us with a permanent strong easterly wind the whole route. This coupled with driving rain and hailstones the size of golfballs on day 2-3 was not pleasant to say the least.
That aside we have promised ourselves we would definitely do it again but maybe plan a little better as our first leg was a little short stopping overnight at Kendal. This left day 2 far too long and maybe staying at Orton would have been a far better option.

The second day we stopped at Bowes at the unicorn arms which at the time presented up with wonderful food and an incredible choice of breakfasts, it comes highly recommended if still in the same hands nowadays.

Bear in mind it is longer than the C2C but is still doable in 3 days or 2 if Ron Don is your pace man! However it would be an easy leisurely pace if done over 4 which we may have to consider next time as we now have Gabe in tow.

You are welcome to pop in for a coffee to discuss further or maybe catch up at the next meeting if we can be of any further help.

Oh almost forgot, we have the official map which you are more than welcome to borrow if you wish

Col and Wend x
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Thanks guys and thanks Colin for your info I would love to borrow the map please hope to see you at the next meeting

Cheers John