New(ish) member

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

cookbot
Mingling

New(ish) member

Post by cookbot »

Hello, I came to one of the meetings about 8 month ago, but life has meant I've not had chance to get involved, never mind actually fly! I'm a low hour club pilot and haven't been flying for over 2 years now, so thought I'd message on here to see if anyone would be able to show the sites when they're next going (i'll contribute to travel costs too) and to make sure I don't do anything stupid on the sites new to me.

Background wise, I got my licence at the military joint hang gliding and paragliding centre flying over in Wales, then acquired approximately 20 hours flying around East Sussex (devils dyke etc) so I'm accustomed to busy airspace. Also have a few flights over Bakwell in the Peak District, but that was over a year ago now and much quieter than I'm used to.

So, is anyone able to take me under their wing so to speak? I've got a Nova Ion II here that's dying to be used!

Thanks, Paul
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Just keep your eye on the board for people flying, give them a call. We're a friendly bunch and will always be there to lend a helping hand. Not a lot going on at the moment though. :cry:
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

Hi Paul , welcome to the NHPC. It can be difficult making the change from a school environment to flying within a club . Brians advice has hit it on the head watch the flying today page if anyone is going out its usually posted so if your available give them a call and someone will show you around> but not the best time of year at the moment, However it looks like there might be a few heading up to old bewick tomorrow so if your available give me a call
I HATE COMPUTERS
cookbot
Mingling

Post by cookbot »

Thanks, I'm afraid I'm not available tomorrow and have exams in the upcoming weeks. I'll keep an eye out for people heading off though and drop a message if I can get away.

Luckily I have the advantage of a fair few weeks off over summer, so I'll hopefully be able to get back into it then.

Thanks, Paul