Grasmere show update

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Wendy Patterson
Mingling

Grasmere show update

Post by Wendy Patterson »

Fantastic day had by all except Eddy. Morning grey skies cleared by early afternoon delivering great flying. Accuracy won by Angus, highest flight won by Gordon. Northumbrians took Cumbria by storm parading our standards for all to admire. Commiseration to all who were'nt here.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Well done team Northumbria :)
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Trevor Robinson
Regular
Full Name: Trevor Robinson

Post by Trevor Robinson »

Whats the story Eddie?
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

nice one guys me andrew Liam brian Nelist Lloyd had a fantastic day on Clough though Lloyd speaking to md dog as he founf the thumb and the down button and had to get therapy from the man himself. it was truly great flying light winds thermals good company and a great end to the day with a smashing coffee and cake threlkeld with Gill then a Peroni at horse and farrier with the Boys.

feeling good after a steak and bottle f wine thanks Marks & Spencers
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Well done the. Lads and Lassies.
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

I definately won the prize for the sweatiest and most knackered carrying that bloody tandem up alcock tarn!
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

I thought that was the passengers job you must get the good lady better trained :D :D :D
Lloyd
Chatty

Post by Lloyd »

Well done guys and girls. :D
Graeme
Chatty

Post by Graeme »

Great see everyone at Grasmere - and a huge well done to Angus and Gordon!

I didn't stay a second night because I didn't get hardly a winks sleep in the back of my car on Saturday night - the walk up to Heron pike finished me off :D

On the way home I drove past Clough - someone had left a blue and white wind sock in the landing field.
Livetrack Graeme52

Flying for Fun Only.
Eddie Davis
Chatty
Full Name: Eddie Davis

Post by Eddie Davis »

Impatience got the better of me and I took off as a sky dummy only to go straight down. Half an hour later I stood at the bottom watching all the other pilot having a good fly.
Late afternoon I went up again with Angus who was on his 2nd trip up with his speed wing. After a hot sweaty climb I was rewarded with yet another fly down :twisted: It just wasn't my day. All said and done I really enjoyed the day. Well done Angus and Gordon. Maybe next year Nhpc can win the comp.