Thursday

Post here where you will be flying today or tomorrow etc. Information such as the site you intend to fly a mobile number for others to contact you and any other information necessary.

Moderator: Club Moderators

berow
Regular

Thursday

Post by berow »

Hoping the wind will drop off and to get an evening flight. Fingers crossed.
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

Sitting on the ridge at Tailbridge last night with Neil Smith enjoying the sunset and a cold beer I couldn't help thinking about the days events. I had poured over the weather forecast all week and all day. Looking ahead to the weekend was depressing due to the weather models looking crap and little chance of flying. There have been chances this week and I like to say I have capitalized on what I thought was flyable for my abilities and availability due to work commitments. Last night I couldn't help thinking its a pity there wasn't more of you with us. It was perfect for all abilities last night, although not very stimulating but sitting in my paraglider with the sun setting and the colours and hues and all that romantic stuff, I couldn't help thinking....WOW. Last night was an enjoyable evening taking advantage of our long summer days. Yes it was pissing down a lot through the day but don't let that put you off. In our game you learn that the weather can be very different a very short distance away from you. Its summer , get out there because there is often a sweet spot between day and night and it can be very rewarding. Just saying.