Friday 23rd

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

Friday 23rd

Post by chrisfozz »

I hope to get some flying in friday / this weekend probably along the the north Durham Coast. Blackhall seems to be my best bet as I hope to get there mid morning, the route north may open up later in the day as the wind veers. It may prove to be too strong???
Does anyone have any other ideas?
Chris
Misk
Regular

Fri

Post by Misk »

Saltburn Chris - takes more North and if conditions are right and you have taken your brave pills then it is the x56 bus back up the coast........

I'll be heading there.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

with ajob to look at at middlesborough and marske right on the coast will i be able to turn back to the office? wetsuit is in the van as scarborough milk run?
Steve.T.
Chatty

hitch hiker

Post by Steve.T. »

anyone able to pick me up?I will make it to the A690 round about on the A19 but I dont have a car tommorrow so I would be eternaly gratefull.....grovel...grovel..grovel 0191 5236886 07989954542
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

Just heard from the "Coal face", time 10.00am, top end at Horden at the moment but a friend of mine is currently soaring at Marske with wind pretty much square on but again a tad on the top end side. So head for the Marske take off rather than Saltburn end if your going.
Enjoy and fly safe!
Mike
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Is it on at Horden Mike?

Wind is forecast to drop, and I couldnt get out till late this afternoon anyway....
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

It was too far off to the North so people headed down to Marske where it is still soarable(11am) with wind smack on and not too strong
Bugger!!! :( :grr: <<) <<) <<)
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

managed just over half an hour befor i was totaly wet then off to hordon and guess what raining there to so in the office like where i should be
chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

today

Post by chrisfozz »

Nice day till the rain started and I ended up on the beach at Saltburn just in front of the pub. I walked back under the peir, took off again and flew back to Marske in about 3 mins. Today I recon there was just a liitle too much east in the wind but tomorow looks better so I may well give it another go.
What time does the X56 run?
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Solo flight at Black Hall

Like a single glass of wine, enough to take the edges off the resent drought.

Who was the mystery HG flying Crimdon?
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Misk
Regular

Post by Misk »

After flying Marske in the pissing rain - I flew Crimdon on the PG at about 3 ish - had the HG on the roof but couldn't be arsed rigging. No problem heading north round the headland but ended up on the beach B4 Blackhall.

Neil launched from Horden (I thought it was Blackhall) so I climbed back up the cliffs twice as I made my way to a more into wind ridge. Launching just north of the gap the run down to Beacon Hill was nice under blue skies with Neil in tow. Then a choice of press on to Seaham or try and return - the return required more bottle than I had to get round foxes so we decked it and walked back. Thanks for the lift back to my car Neil!