Transferring info from Garmin to Computer

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

alan westmoreland
Chatty
Full Name: Alan westmoreland

Transferring info from Garmin to Computer

Post by alan westmoreland »

Hi can anyone help. I am trying to transfer data from Garmin to computer and seem to be going the wrong way about it and getting nowhere. I can save my flight log but when i open it, it opens iteself with Google Earth.

I am saving it as IGC file so dont know where i am going wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Alan Westmoreland
:sor:
happily flying the mosquito/wasp since 2001
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Alan do you want to put it into the club XC league?? If so after you've saved your ICG file to your PC go to the XC league main menu and submit flight and browse to where you've saved it. You can then view the flight data.

Is this what you're after?

Cheers

John
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
alan westmoreland
Chatty
Full Name: Alan westmoreland

Transferring data

Post by alan westmoreland »

Hi John

Thanks for that.

I have managed to download my flight for Model Ridge however how do i download the flight for Horden and Crimdon as it does not separate the flights on the GPS Dump however the flight shows on Google Earth

Can you help

Many thanks
happily flying the mosquito/wasp since 2001
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

I'm not a master at this but flights usually have a date. look for the date the flight was done and down load that? Failing that talk to fingers :-)
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Bob Sutherland
Chatty

Post by Bob Sutherland »

If you look at the files on GPS dump Alan, it shows when you start and stop the unit.
:[]:
Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

use gps dump for the most acurate way of cutting up flights. plug the machine in click the machine you have then open the dated flight . check through the log sea if you have had more than one flight while the machine has been left on high light the track points then drag down go to file then save as igc put in your wing etc then save with g security and then save where you like but if you want more info i will talk you throu it as it is easier

07890276630 will be driving a lot tommorow so will be board if you want any help cheers gary