NHPC BBQ

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

AlastairW
Regular

NHPC BBQ

Post by AlastairW »

The NHPC club bbq will be taking place this Saturday 25th August at our house in Stocksfield.

Beer will be provided, together with a few salads etc. Bring along your own meat to cremate.......

If it is anything like last weekend, there will be a few sore heads come Sunday morning!

Partners and significant others are more than welcome!

If you could post a reply to let me know if you are coming it would be very helpfull to get an idea of numbers...
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

I got an email from the Cumbria club saying I was part of the team put forward by the NHPC for the Grasmere show. I can't remember agreeing to that but I did put my name down do a bit of towing on the town moor with Ronnie.

They want you at the briefing for 9.00am which means leaving home at 7.00am I really can't see that happening the morning after the BBQ.

Julie and I will defo be there.
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

I'll be there, but i'll have to be looked after :lol:
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

John will you give me a hand with the pyrotecnic display I've got a big box of dodgy fireworks and just maybe a bourble which is like small bomb.

:twisted:
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

Ill be there and at grassmere on sunday but I havent had an email about a briefing
I HATE COMPUTERS
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

Curses! I am in Liverpool on Saturday so won't be able to make the BBQ :cry: :cry:

But I will be in Grasmere on Sunday morning come hell or high water (there will probebly be both) :D :D
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
Andrew Maltby
Regular

Post by Andrew Maltby »

Couldn't miss the NHPC barbie(no Karaoke please!). It'll be after the briliant days flying on Saturday, and not to much to drink due to the belter of a day on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Yes-Yes Please (dance) (dance) (dance)

RonDon
Last edited by RonDon on Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan L
Chatty

Post by Jan L »

Doesn't look like Chris and I can make it :cry:
we're at a 40th (^) , biviing out on Skiddaw (rain) and its bank-hol weekend (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain) .
Chris has his second victim to fly down in the morning on the tandem (chuckle)
hope you all have a great night
jan
Girlpower!
andrew-billington
Mingling
Full Name: Andrew John Billington

Post by andrew-billington »

Can't make the Barbie as I will be in the Lakes for the Grassmere bash.
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Karoake...... I had forgotten about that Andrew.......

Will make certain it is sorted for Saturday night!

Susan was looking forward to a sax duet Andrew!
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

John will you give me a hand with the pyrotecnic display I've got a big box of dodgy fireworks and just maybe a bourble which is like small bomb.

I would love to help with the Pyrotechnics John, but I think you’d better read this first, --- it was Guy Fawks about 1986 and I was working on the door at the Queen Vic Hotel in Whitley Bay. The other doorman was an ex seaman and he brought out some out of date shimooneys’ (ship’s flares designed to climb to 300 metres). I couldn’t wait to get my hands on them, and within minutes I had read the instructions and was pointing it skyward at arms length while standing on the pavement of the main road in Whitley Bay.
WOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHH my arm shot down with the recoil from this jet-propelled missile, I’m looking toward the sky to see its trajectory but couldn’t see anything! --- I heard the sound of breaking glass on the pavement, then looked up toward the top of the three story building and what I saw made my blood run cold.
The flare had shot behind me and straight through the third floor window of the Vic, the room was lit up bright red with a lot of smoke belching out of the broken pain. There was a dance on up there that night and I knew what damage the flare would do, so you can imagine the blind panic and the adrenaline as I ran into the Vic shouting “FIRE” --- “FIRE” I tried to ring 999 but didn’t realise you had to dial 9 to get an outside line! (Although the fire station was in the side alleyway of the pub) I grabbed an extinguisher and raced upstairs to the dance hall.
I entered the room from behind the bar, and to my relief couldn’t see any bright lights, “FIRE --- FIRE --- EVERY BODY OUT” --- they just completely ignored me and carried on dancing, as if I was some sort of entertainer. I ran up to the next floor which was the manager’s apartment, I was greeted with thick smoke belching out of the gap in the bottom of his front door. I couldn’t get in so I kicked the door in and went inside working my way through the choking grey smoke towards the red glow and sound of his barking dogs. The manager also had a fire extinguisher and had managed with great difficulty to extinguish the phosphorous aluminium jet pack that had rebounded all over the room punching big holes all over the plaster walls and ceiling but had eventually came to rest in the corner along with all his expensive best shoes.
He turned to me and said “WHAT YOU BEEN DOING NOW JOHN?”
Anyway all turned out well and no one was hurt, I’m sure he would have made a killing on the claim and I took him two roll’s of woodchip as a piece offering.
Oh; and I kept my job,---one of the most frightening experiences of my life was when I looked back and saw the room glowing bright red and had visions of a flare zipping around the dance floor decapitating people.
I LOOK FORWARD TO THE BBQ ON THE WEEKEND.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (beer) (beer) (zzz) (zzz) (zzz)
Dave Hume
Chatty

Post by Dave Hume »

Oh no....please not Karaoke......

I'll bring my guitar along so we can have some real music instead.

Dave
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

Only if you let me sing this time Dave --- you know I'm a wonderfull singer! I know last time I could'nt sing very well because I had nearly Guroted myself on Gary's Pogo stick and my adams apple swelled up. Trust me Dave, I used to be a chior Boy believe it or not, will you let me sing along with you Dave, --- please? and can I have a turn of your Guitar Dave? la la la de de de dum de dum de dum de dum da da da
didle didle de de da --- de daaaaa.
(beer) (beer) (beer) (beer) (beer) (beer) (beer) (beer) (beer) (beer) (zzz)
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

why why do do all all my my posts posts always aleays go go in in twice twice :x :x
I HATE COMPUTERS
Mikey
Mingling

Post by Mikey »

We'll be there - plus I'm also bringing some fireworks!
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

Make your own!!! Go on you know you want to!!!

http://uk.gizmodo.com/2007/08/22/how_to ... d_gre.html

Have fun!! (party) (party) (party)
Neil
Chatty
Full Name: Neil Smith

Post by Neil »

if i can fin d some out of date flares il be there :twisted:
never waste a hard on and don't trust a fart
myerscouse
Chatty

Post by myerscouse »

Kay and i will be there if only to see neils out of date trousers (ninja2)
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Seems I didnt put a time on the original post.....

Planning on kicking off at 7... certainly the BBQs will be lit and ready for then. Just bring some booze and meat to cremate.

As ever there will be a fiendishly difficult quiz..... bring you calculators and slide rules this time! And REAL prizes this time.....

Plenty of space for camping, and if you dont have a tent, dont worry, as there will be spares available.

And finally for those not sure on directions, use Google maps and put in 43 Painshawfield Road as your destination.
Claire Smith
Mingling

Post by Claire Smith »

we'd like to come along also........ hope we are not too late in replying!!
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Everyone is welcome, whether they have replied or not!