the less we use it the less interest there is too look

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

berow
Regular

Post by berow »

Hi aeros, thanks for taking the time to post this. One point I want to mention. As a club we agreed that we should encourage everybody to post their opinions on weather and site that might be flyable. Most people follow the experienced pilots and we all agree that is ok. We don't mind people leeching off us as I for one genuinely want others to fly and get the time in the air they are desperate for. It means we can advise and look out for them and ultimately it's safer. just saying....
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

RonDon wrote:Do you want to be payed,Steve, or do you still remember your friends. I will treat you to a, Pint and a pork pie with you and friends.
Come the end of November there will be no more nhpc.org.uk Ron. This web address will be suspended when it expires 11-Nov-2017, then after 3 months put on sale for anyone and there dog to buy. Because John Wallis refuses to renew it, apparently this has been discussed at length and the whole club knows about it?

Quite bizarre.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

I only surf the web to check the weather and then communicate with mates via Watsapp. So, as Aeros states, why don't we develop a kicking weather page on the NHPC and that will generate the traffic.

My guess is that most people will, as I do, check through all the highlighted tags once they have arrived at the NHPC forum.

Is it possible to get notifications on your phone that a new post has been written on the forum?

Can we direct people who are thinking of taking up paragliding to our watsapp group?
He who feared he would not succeed sat still.

Do everything in moderation; except moderation which you should do to the MAX!!!
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Come the end of November there will be no more nhpc.org.uk Ron. This web address will be suspended when it expires 11-Nov-2017, then after 3 months put on sale for anyone and there dog to buy. Because John Wallis refuses to renew it, apparently this has been discussed at length and the whole club knows about it?

Quite bizarre.
So you open your big mouth and you're wrong again. I'm in the process of trying to transfer the domain name to the Chairman which he is well aware of however it's not as simple as you would think. They are after the email I ordered it with which is God knows what but not my current one.It was bought through 123reg.com they have nothing to do with the transfer that's through nominet. I've emailed them for some help but haven't got back to me.

When I see statements like yours I don't know why I bother.
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

John Wallis wrote:

Quite bizarre.
So you open your big mouth and you're wrong again. I'm in the process of trying to transfer the domain name to the Chairman which he is well aware of however it's not as simple as you would think. They are after the email I ordered it with which is God knows what but not my current one.It was bought through 123reg.com they have nothing to do with the transfer that's through nominet. I've emailed them for some help but haven't got back to me.

When I see statements like yours I don't know why I bother.
Very pleased to hear that. Its an easy process through Nominet. Please let me know if you need any help.
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

....well at least things are starting to get a little more interesting now, it's just the paragliding bit that's boring.
He who feared he would not succeed sat still.

Do everything in moderation; except moderation which you should do to the MAX!!!
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

what i gather the Cumbria's throw out more dummies than we do so that's not bad, all things considered.

we have had the mad dog back on with some of his great literature so that is saying something.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Steve Marshall

Post by John Wallis »

Can you send me your current email address

jw.wallis@gmail.com
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Fingers
Regular

Re: Steve Marshall

Post by Fingers »

John Wallis wrote:Can you send me your current email address

jw.wallis@gmail.com
What do you need that for?
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

I'm sending you the info from nominet you offered help I can't make head nor tail of it.
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Ok, pm'd to you.