Golden Sand's of Hordon !!!!!!

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

RonDon
Regular

Golden Sand's of Hordon !!!!!!

Post by RonDon »

Photo's on the BOARD???

RonDon. :home: :home: :home:
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Golden Sands of Horden????

I think thats pushing it a bit Ron...... !

But it was a cracking day out....
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

It was well worth 2 carry ups just to get that last flight of the day. Lots of energy used yesterday but it was most enjoyable, even the insults from the air as I was walking back made me laugh :dealer:
Last edited by John Wallis on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

john it wont be long till your up there kicking ass, after all you are better off walking up than crashing into the cliffs trying to scratch. you always have to have pain with plesure, and if the the walking is the pain then its not so bad. what a weekend of flying and i done my fare share of walking if your trying then you will end up walking.

cheers gary
Neil
Chatty
Full Name: Neil Smith

Post by Neil »

or you could just catch a train "let the train take the Strain"as brit rail used to say. :beye:
o and i flew horden after everybody went home 10 to 15 mins and a walk up. the dark side watched in envy "no petrol required"
never waste a hard on and don't trust a fart
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

I'm not sure ?

Post by ron freeman »

Gary, I'm not sure what you are trying to say here ? after talking to you yesterday I was thinking about your accident and three things came to mind - Always have a 'B plan' - Never scratch when the 'tides in' (cliff flying & no beach) - Always have enough height to turn back into wind (big part of the 'B Plan' )

I think also the Winter league competition has a small part to play reguarding your bump (trying to get XC km under your belt...)

Pleased your OK ! but remember when the eyes go red and your head is down for battle (we all do it ) its always the ones who can put their past experience to good use and even then there is point when you have got say enough is enough (self discipline) there is always another day !

There are also times when you have to make quick decisions and it only experience that will help you out here, whenever you are feeling rushed
its time to back off ! and wait until that experience developes before you push on to the next level... Good luck (hope this will help)
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)