Forget about safety!

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

paolo
Mingling

Forget about safety!

Post by paolo »

Forget about safety, that is not what we are talking here about, there is nothing to talk about in this case, it's all wrong, but....how I wish to have the same relationship with my wing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx8a_mCvWv4
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

:cool:

Very collected indeed
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
myerscouse
Chatty

Post by myerscouse »

Pablo its all well and good to say forget about safety, and that you wont to emulate him .....but am sorry flying in shorts that tight just isn,t right :eeeh:
Last edited by myerscouse on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris L
Regular

Post by Chris L »

Most impressive - makes hang gliding look cool :home: :egrin:
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

Chris Scammel did a similar stunt off Walla a few years ago after forgetting to clip in! As he launched he noticed the glider lifting beyond the point that it should of carried him, releasing he had forgotten to clip in and and with no room to stop, thanks to the 300ft cliff top he jumped into the frame. Problem was the glider he was flying, an Air Wave comp wing (magic I think) which immediately started to dive, he reached out behind himself to try and clip in but this sent the glider into an extreme wing over. After recovering from this and due to the glider diving he opted to fly for Derwent Water. After just missing the trees he made it over Calf Close Bay where he 'ejected' the last 20 feet and let the glider look after itself. Luckily all was well in the end and the pilot and glider survived to fly another day, with some what better pre flight checks next time!
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

ive done it before but in my harness, its surprising how far you have to lay back --- too far forward and you dive. Ive heard that Mike Mavin used to do this and Im sure Ronnie will be an expert.
00)