Information for Beginner :-)

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Anonymous

Information for Beginner :-)

Post by Anonymous »

Hi,

Im very interested in this Hang Gliding stuff :)

Ive flown wieghtshift microlights before, and loved it, but something about soaring presses my buttons!

The web is a bit of a mess when it comes to information on this sport, from what I can gather, there are two courses available at most clubs, Elementry and Club, and I figure the Club rating is the one to aim for.

Myself (24) and my father (4400) years old are keen to get started, but need to know how to do about it, where to train, and of course how much its going to cost us.

We are from Newton Aycliffe which is a fair trek from Northumberland, but I think you are the only club in a sensible distance.

If you could provide me with everything I need to know to get started (and more) id be greatful!

Phil (and the old fella)
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Hi Phil!

And welcome to our club.....

The best place to look for info on Hangliding is the BHPA website, www.bhpa.co.uk

As for schools, look no further than Northumbria Airsports.... the details are on our home page, at the bottom right. It is run by the "Bognor Birdman" Ronnie Freeman.
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thankyou for your reply Alastair :)

Ive sent a PM to Ronnie, and I have had a good read of the BHPA website.

Phil