Did anyone hear about this?

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Fingers
Regular

Did anyone hear about this?

Post by Fingers »

Come across this, which aparently happened on the 29/4/07 in Manchester.

http://fishki.net/comment.php?id=21104

Oh I am so pleased I was not on that flight!!

If it did happen 30 days ago how was it kept out the news and does anyone know the out come!!!!
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

I guess this passed all you by?

I thought it looked quite a moment!

Could the guys who fly these things rest my mind as to the real dangers of that happening or am I to be looking out the window for birds whilst biteing fingers to the bone every time I fly?
Chris L
Regular

Post by Chris L »

Steve.......This happened on a flight I was on from Amsterdam to the States a few years back when I was going on a BASE jumping trip, thought I was gonna die before I even got to chuck myself off something stupid.....After take off there was a very loud vibrating noise for 20mins which sounded like something in the cargo deck had come loose.
We were then informed the plane was turning around....then it dumped all its fuel over the sea before returning to land......then informed that we would see Ambulances and Fire Engines on the runway but not to be alarmed....then told to secure ourselves for landing.....while the stewardess's ran up the aisles without checking passengers seat belts or any reassuring words - I was getting bloody worried at this point ....and a big black man next to me put his hands together and started praying....thought I was going to kiss my ass goodbye.
Anyway we landed to a big round of applause from everyone on board and many very relieved faces.
I found out afterwards this was a bird strike on take off. Exactly the same as shown in the video!
So maybe this is not that uncommon??? I'd be interested to know or maybe not!
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Jesus....!!

I am quite nervous of flying so I think I would end up like the woman in the film Airplane who is hysterical, getting slapped with a line of people behind waiting to take a turn.
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

On BBC News

Post by ron freeman »

This was the clip on the BBC news a few weeks ago, you were probably reading a Airline Safety mag' Steve and missed it ! :)) The aircraft made a perfect 'go a around' on one engine ! and landed safely.

Have a chat with Tony Anderson Steve, he has some amazing stories....
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Really sums it up John.

:lol: