Clough Head in the grip of winter

All manner of video's that have been edited and created by the NHPC members

Moderator: Club Moderators

Davehorne
Chatty

Clough Head in the grip of winter

Post by Davehorne »

Isn't it strange how snow and ice seem to make everything much more expansive. Maybe it's because of the novelty factor, after all there hasn't been this much snow continuously for 15 years or more.

http://www.vimeo.com/3180669 :)
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Have you been getting a new toy Dave? The quality of the video is very good.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

No new toys Brian, just the Fuji "Finepix" digital stills camera. Has a good VGA video mode but the biggest SDA card it can take only stores 15mins worth at top resolution.

Hands frozen solid after 15mins anyway at this time of the year so that doesn't matter much :evil:
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

I've got a fuji finepix, my video has always been grainier, probably the good light at the moment making the difference. They are very good cameras, I struggle to get much better results with an SLR.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

Excellent video Dave. I really enjoyed it :oops:
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

Cheers Kay :)

Brian, yes I think the Fuji is pretty good on video (and fantastic on stills!). Problem is that the max SD card mine takes (Finepix 5600) is "only" 1GB and that only lasts 15 mins on high quality video setting :(

Maybe it's a good job though - that Dave Horne is making far too many videos so it's a good job he runs out of poop after 15 mins :roll:

I've tried the camera on the front cockpit and hand-held, the best results seem to be when hand-held (cos you can pan it around) but obviously you can't do that a lot of the time, though last week's smooth air allowed for more tha usual.

Maybe I should try a helmet cam but suspect it would be hard to control the panning around when it's connected to me nut. Would be interested in other people's views on this as I enjoy air photography as long as I stay safe.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

I did have a helmet cam, it was one of the Oregon ones. Notice the past tense in this conversation!!! I used it once for paragliding, likewise it would only take a 1GB card,which lasted for about half an hour. The picture was small and not good quality. although using it was quite simple, only it had to be switched on before take off. The actual content of the video is pretty good.
It was tried in the surf, it's waterproof to 30m,,,,,,oh no it's not!!!!!
The SD card survived, the batteries died and the camera could not be persuaded to work again.
I would definitely go for something a lot higher res with a better switch system than the oregon. The ease of use and content of shot are excellent though.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01