well what can you say but awsome

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

well what can you say but awsome

Post by gary stenhouse »

well never seen so many people out today at cross fell, i think every one absolutly flew there socks off with john watson steeling the trophy of 5 and a half hours without a break. i managed 2 hours on the hg and then 2 hours on the pg getting to millers leap on both pg and hg. some great fling even thogh no xc but just as rewarding with no broken uprights for any one.

cheers gary
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Gary Ive got a great bit of video uploading to vimeo as we speak of you landing. Will post the link when its uploaded or keep an eye on the NHPC channel on vimeo
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

Brilliant day, got some good Photo's, I'll put them up tomorrow night, --- got to the radar and back and was crying when I realised I didnt have the track log on on my GPS :x
peter r
Mingling

X Fell

Post by peter r »

Great day,with people flying all day. By my reckoning (bad memory) approx. 27 NHPC ,4 CSC and a visitor from Blackpool (possibly csc member). Still plenty of sky for everyone. With a great glide out by Bill S. and Wendy P. at the end of the day. Peter r.
Kitt Rudd
Chatty

Post by Kitt Rudd »

There was also a very good turnout (16 pilots I reckon )slightly further south at whitestones. Though base never rose enough to chance a real xc but I did manage to complete a short sortie just beyond the calf and back.
Air-Play Serving the Lake District, Northumbria and Scotland.
Agents for Gradient, Digifly Instruments, and Ava Sport Harnesses & Reserves 07811642533
Checkout the new Digifly Air (coming soon)http://air-play1.blogspot.com/
Pete Batey
Chatty

Post by Pete Batey »

I was at the Mynd with Steve Eth. We flew with a Red Kite at one point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X37bW6gPhJ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4AzgoURAWk

Pete
Sometimes you've got to dance when the music's no good.
GlennP
Regular

Crossfell Sunday

Post by GlennP »

Good day for me aswell.

Nice to build on my experiences in Spain and work towards getting rid of the dreaded red ribbon.

Glenn
You are only as good as your last flight........
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

Yes thanks Alot...Some friends you lot are...

Ruining my days cycle....Paul and came home full of the Joys of Spring only to the sound of the phone ringing off the hook with ''friends'' telling us tales of Daring Do and XC Xploits
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I'm not Bitter :vamp: :vamp: :vamp: :vamp: :vamp: :vamp: :vamp:

ps Pleased you all had a lovely day :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
Steve.T.
Chatty

Post by Steve.T. »

You`re cheesed off Kay, I was laid off from work for 5 weeks,with only a couple of half descent flying days. I went back to work last Monday and all I have read is how brilliant the flying has been 1000 ft climbs and cloud base!!
I had to go to Manchester to meet the daughters future in laws for the first time at the weekend and guess what yep just as I expected the best week end of the year so far.
so just to warn everybody that has holidays booked for the fortnight leading up to easter, cancel them I am being laid off again so you can guess what the weather will be like.