Its a sheeps life

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

MadDog
Chatty

Its a sheeps life

Post by MadDog »

Epic Flying for all, in the Freeman Hills…..Come and get it….Low level wave, High level wave, sea breeze fronts and backs, Convergence, Hill soaring, Cloud base, Big ears, Top landings, Bottom landings,…..Free to all comers……..
Hard to believe, Isn’t it?.....Yet it happened for us yesterday….Maybe Ronnie has been right all these years…..Cheviot Hills, for thrills…..Or were we just lucky?
A good day…..But spoiled at the very end by moaning from a NIMBY at the top of the hill, who thought we had no right to be there….But we had full permission….and a Nonentity at the bottom of the hill who thought it wasn’t justifiable to land in a field where there were sheep four hundred yards away being upset... and he would report it to the man in charge…….
Can you believe some people?.....While you consider this….let me remind you of the old joke about the two eggs being boiled in the pan, and one said to the other….
”Its not half warm in here”….and the other egg said “Warm?....Wait until you get out….they smash your head off!”
Now remind me again…..where those sheep there on their summer holidays?....enjoying a well earned retirement perhaps?....
Me thinkest not…..not long now before they feel the cold steel of the gun on their forehead and the permanent silence as that uncaring dum-dum bullet blasts them into sheep oblivion….Who cares about you, when that Stanley knife severs the wool of your back with the skin still attached?…..What normal thinking sheep would get upset about such mundane things?

And you tell me that I upset your sheep when these ballet trained feet that Rudolph Nurenov would envy touched down like the gossamer wing of a butterfly in your scabby old field…?
Spare me from misguided do-gooders….Lambing time?, Scaring sheep?…..The only thing they have coming is the butchers block.
All I know is that if I were a sheep and an Ace like Brian Day, of Andrew Maltby, landed next to me, I would feel pretty darn privileged, in a ruminant sort of way!
There….that’s that off me chest!
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

:home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: More Stories Grandpa John.. :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home: :home:
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

I've been told mistrooths, falsehoods, they said this could not be done. I demand an explanation, flying... in the Cheviots... for thrills?
Surely not? :D :D :D
GlennP
Regular

The cheviots

Post by GlennP »

I think the thrills part actually involves sheep, not flying Jim....
You are only as good as your last flight........
paolo
Mingling

THANKS JHON!

Post by paolo »

Thanks for this Literature course...I am always looking forward to your new postings..there's not a letter to be wasted on them. Thanks.

Totally agree with you John...totally, our race have long ago lost it's mind with all this politically correctecness bullshit, we do not think anymore, we do not question anymore, we are just correct!

Well tell the upset sheep to better keep off my way otherwise the next thing she will see is a me putting barbecue souce on it! :)

See you in the air.