Millau Magic Day 5

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Colin Chapman
Mingling

Millau Magic Day 5

Post by Colin Chapman »

With the chance of over development we decided on a early start, leaving the hangies as there was no sign of life we made our way to the top. It was perfect conditions at TO for an extended fly down so we all lopped off, Sure enough it was little more than a top to bottom but nice all the same. Wasting no time we went straight back up this time hangies included and one by one quickly took off as the clouds were building. It was around 11 by now and the first batch of thermals were setting up for the day they were weak and quite small but enough to maintain a 40 min flight. However we were all down by 12 and after a fast turnaround it was back to the top for lunch. The day held out for us and never over developed after all, giving is all 3 or 4 flights. My last including a huge frontal while I had full speed bar on which i must admit was my worst ever outside Jockeys SIV course. It was now around 5 and all feeling a little knackered decided to call it a day, even though there were still dozens in the air!
We sat at the bar till everyone was there and decided on the nights festivities, but as we left we noticed the restitution was setting up nice. Steve and Ali didn't wanna miss out so headed back up for another shot with Bill and Andrew while we headed back to the campsite. Andrew lobbed off but realising he had the keys to the caravan headed over to the campsite landing field after 40 minutes or so. Almost 3 hrs later the hangies returned and confirmed what we already thought, Steve had circum navigated the whole vally with over 2 hrs and Ali had another cracking flight too. Ah well never pass on an oppertunity to fly was the lesson learned that day. 

L'histoire va continuee demain.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dave Hume
Chatty

Post by Dave Hume »

Thanks for the present Colin. Found it when we were halfway up the A1, so were able to make a nice sarnie when we got home....

Dave
GlennP
Regular

Say cheese

Post by GlennP »

Yeah it was nice once you scrapped the mould off. Saved a trip to Mac Ds for a burger.

I'll try and edit a video together if Colin can let me have some of his footage. I've got hours of us driving down and eating at the Golden arches but I'm a bit light on paragliding footage.
You are only as good as your last flight........
GlennP
Regular

Hairy moments

Post by GlennP »

Had a good trip to Millau despite a bit of siv but the hairiest moment of all which will (unfortunately) stay with me for life was the sight of Bills bare arse bobbing up and down in the river after another capsize by the single paddle experts in their yellow submarine.
You are only as good as your last flight........
steve-gill
Chatty

Post by steve-gill »

And like a scene from Deliverance, someone trying to sqeeze a paddle into the crack. "Sqeal like a pig boy" in a deep south accent.
the hairiest moment of all which will (unfortunately) stay with me for life was the sight of Bills bare arse bobbing up and down in the river