Big problems we have been shafted by the corner house

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Big problems we have been shafted by the corner house

Post by gary stenhouse »

Well after all the negotiation we no longer have the Wednesday night including the 8th so we need to find a place quickly in order to get the meeting on track

Cheers Gary
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Well there you go

Post by ron freeman »

Gary... this does not surprise me one bit, I was shouted down at the AGM trying to sort this out because we had the same arrangement as before with the manager.

This was just waiting to happen again we had no contract, which means no booking.. plus we got the room for nothing.

Never liked the place anyway time to look for somewhere better.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

if you think it is that easy then go ahead but you will find that it is not so easy, i have had my pa ringing every establishment in the local area of newcastle to secure a room, though we may be somewhere close it still will not be as good as the corner house,

as for contacts they do not and will not do one they simply have a diary and book it out from there.

find it hard to beleive that you could not like the place as it done good food reasonable beer and warm and spacious.

well onwards and upwards and we may have a place by tomorrow but i think to of had a place like the corner house was good while it lasted but profits have come before valor.

cheers gary
ron freeman
Seasoned

Find it easy

Post by ron freeman »

I think have you forgot Gary, I found & organised a room at Northumberland Tennis in Jesmond and it was turned down because we had to pay £20 hour which was a very good deal.

With over £2,500 in funds and never used ! I don't understand..

No I dont think it easy from experience.. the club has had quite few venues over the many years and times have changed quite a bit, I think the days of a free venue are long gone.

Another key factor we need to look are - member who don't support the club meetings and is it all really worth it... lots bleat on about its a good thing to have monthly meetings but don't turn up.

I for one got fed up with the arrangement at the Corner house by being stuck
in the bar for our monthly meeting 3 x in a row !

We need somewhere concreate to get things going again, personally I think a local sports centre or rackets club would be great ! members could pack there chutes, show off there new wing, and for the people who can't do without a pint or bait.. there is usually a bar !
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

Let's be fair the meetings are bollocks and if you are any serious pilot you will make an effort to get out on the hill. 20 pounds an hour to talk a load of shite and very rarely to see new members there. If any other person suggested paying you would of been up in arms,

Any hou we have a new venue to try and is no further to travel, so willnpost above

Chieers Gary
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

We have the Lion & The Lamb at Horsley..A very nice pub but a bit out on a limb for some. Trying to get a date in December maybe double tricky but I am happy to contact them if needed.
:idea: Ah yes also...How about the Aero Club at Newcastle airport. I remember we used them some time ago...and they have a bar..and like minded souls ! are they worth a try ?
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Hi Kay the Lion and Lamb sounds good to me :) The Aero Club has been closed for some time now so that's a non starter. Quite a while back we used to use the upstairs room in the Blackie Boy in the Big Market I used to enjoy this place I have contacts with the management here but I really don't know if they do food I would need to find out but willing to try if anyone is interested.

JW
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

We have a place for the next meeting so let's see how that goes a the January meeting is always a bit of a flop.

Me personally would prefer a monthly curry as a meeting I meen 12 meetings 52 weeks no competitions why bother with so many meetings to listen to the same ols stuff when we really just want to have a crack on.

Cheers Gary
ron freeman
Seasoned

Thanks Gary

Post by ron freeman »

Gary, have you forgot we are surposed to be trying to get the January meeting going again... we sorted this out at the November meeting (minutes ?)

I offered to do a pilot club quiz night and everybody agreed.

To be an affiliated club of the BHPA we got to have monthy meetings with a Chairman, Secrectary, Treasurer, minuted & posted :roll:
Last edited by ron freeman on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

As the master mad dog would say I would rather be at work and cut my fingers off with a angle grinder
Stuart Bertram
Chatty

Post by Stuart Bertram »

gary stenhouse wrote:Let's be fair the meetings are bollocks and if you are any serious pilot you will make an effort to get out on the hill. 20 pounds an hour to talk a load of shite and very rarely to see new members there. If any other person suggested paying you would of been up in arms,
Class - Perhaps I should make the effort after such a good review. :D
Neil
Chatty
Full Name: Neil Smith

Post by Neil »

i think i can get the baltic flour mill meating room and terace with food and a bar for 12 months we will have to pay a small fee but the views are worth it.
oh im not joking they oferd it to me last time this subject was on the go
never waste a hard on and don't trust a fart
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

Sounds good going there tomorrow but I reckon it would be a cool place to be
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Ron if you want to try and write the minutes up on an iphone be my guest and where does it say that the minutes have to be posted they only have to be available on request, i can send you photocopies of my notes if you want not sure if youll understand them like but between a broken computer 14hr shifts and hospital visits its the best your gonna get at the moment. :x :x :x
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Colin, if I can help, I'll copy the minutes up for you and post them
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Cheers Brian if I havnt got something sorted by next meeting I'll take you up on that.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
ron freeman
Seasoned

Colin..

Post by ron freeman »

Colin, I have asked for them for months.. they should also be handed out at every club meeting for members to accept & carried forward, they are the club records.

I would be happy to do them if you now don't have the time.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Just in case the new venue isn't any good Ive just heard that Fluid Bar in Gallowgate have a room upstairs that be booked FOC plus there is parking directly opposite could be an excellent venue. I can sort it if required.
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

we may well need it as i still not sorted the new venue,

though i am waiting for head office to get back to me in referance with the corner house as i beleieve it is still the best place for us tight gets who by little beer bring our own crisps and pop.

cheers gary