My first LCC

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Jan L
Chatty

My first LCC

Post by Jan L »

Having entered my first LCC as a competitor, rather than going just to party, I was feeling rather nervous being surrounded by sky gods. After hiking up the Old Man of Coniston with some help from Chris the task was set and the window opened It seems patience pays off - while Chris launched as soon as the, window opened Kay and I waited for a nice thermal to come through and beat all the boys, 8th and 12th respectively. Though the boys had some valid reasons? for failing to get the first turn point [borrowed glider - Chris, GPS not functioning properly - Anto, conditions not right - Chris F, or laying down tracks when over turnpoint - Paul S...Bla, bla, bla, bla, blaaaaa :!: ] All in all a great first comp, the comeradery on the hill was great and I now know a little more about my Flytec 5020. Excellent event, that everyone should have a go at. Fantastic organisation thanks Gordie and all. Great acro display demonstrating how to handle a paraglider properly - shame Chris couldn't do a skydive from the heli but couldn't get his kit through.....hopefully next year.
All in all a brilliant 2 days (rofl) :D 8)
Girlpower!
Bob Sutherland
Chatty

Post by Bob Sutherland »

(clap) (clap) Well done and congratulations ladies (clap) (clap)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Excellent Jan!!

Wondered why the guys had not been posting..... :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a great weekend as always!!
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........