A modest hero...him not me!

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

MadDog
Chatty

A modest hero...him not me!

Post by MadDog »

There was a programme on the telly sometime back; I can’t quite remember what it was called….Tony Robinson….The worlds worst jobs…Know the one?
Let me tell you the world’s worst job, if you’ve been there yourself then you will know exactly what I’m on about.
THE RETRIEVE DRIVER.
Surely it would be better to take poison before you go out?
Jump off the Tyne Bridge in a spider mans suit.
Cut off both legs with a chain saw……But retrieve driver…..No…No!
So….I take it you were the retrieve driver yesterday?
I thought you would never ask!

Why Me?

Three hours drive to Windbank….an hour to hump up, ten minutes to rig the bed sheet, ten minutes to put the bed sheet back in the bag, Half an hour to carry down…can you blame me for pinching myself with the disbelief in the pure wonder of it all…
Searching now for the ear defenders……No-where to be found
Could life get any worse?….
Phone call…Andrew Maltby….Miskum had flew to Alston….John Wallis had got to the Hartside café;
My cup runneth over!
Down the one horse road valley to pickup the first Airborne Bumbler…Gary…then the next two bumblers, Brian and Neil…..Words coming thick and fast:
“Clouds all around now….Turning upside down…Pulling big-ears with both feet…spiralling for England now…….”
Now….Have you ever tried self strangulation?
But my day was about to get better….the bumblers where about to be reminded with a vengeance just where there place in the pecking order was
There is a god!
Phone call from Alli Guthrie………. landed at Marske…..What a hero!
Well done that man for an absolutely brilliant flight… a fitting end to a sparse year, and the flight to let him re-claim his rightful place as the Number one pilot in this club.
And I only have one last thing to say to those bumblers…….
“Shine your shoes sir? “
chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

Post by chrisfozz »

My brushes are at the ready, well done Mr.G.
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

What a brilliant flight Ali, very well done.

I am envious.

RonDon
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
John Watson
Regular

Post by John Watson »

Excellent Flight Ali, --- would be a worthy talk at a club meeting :shock: well done.
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

Ali, I couldn't believe this when I heard. How the F***k do you manage these superhuman feats? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
Davehorne
Chatty

Post by Davehorne »

By the way Chris, how long did it take you to walk back through "England's last wilderness" on Saturday? :twisted:
Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

And from the world's greatest bumbler,,,,thanks to the Dog Retrieval Service, the mans my hero.
Fly to Maske,,,pah, that's easy, (when you know how) but to sit and listen to our inane babble for hours, then give up a days flying in the cause of retrieving 3 fools and spiderman, now that's dedication to the club spirit.
He even managed to find us, which was difficult when we didn't know where we were, lost, in a lost world, men without direction, fools flapping in the wind, visitors only to the world of the gods.
Maybe another day?
Thanks John, our hero.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

to be retreived by the man called the dog is an inspiration, with his never ending optimisum the glass the is is always half empty but would not have a better retrieve driver. sometimes been the retreive driver has it's rewards what i am not sure as he did not even get his meal bought, so the next time we our out the meal is on us with hopefully a chicken pie in alston.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

so the next time we our out the meal is on us with hopefully a chicken pie in alston.
Make that a double, especially if you have to drive past Alston and go to the coast to pick me up first. (Dreams are what life is made of)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Balls with this bollox about;

Wasn't he good?
Wasn't he fine?
Isn't it madness

I cant do that?
Didn't I know
How it would go?
If I knew from the start
Why am I falling apart?

Get off your knees you pathetic slobbering mongrels and lets get a night sorted for something really worth celebrating.

Any of you none Babs Dixon's or Elaine Paige's interested in wetting this new babies head?
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Steve, didn't you get invited either?
It must be our position by the coast, the way we smell or maybe we are just not worthy! (Gary's just ginger so that's understandable)
We'll have to start our own splinter group and celebrate,,,,well anything you like really, the sun coming up, or going down even, but don't tell the inner sanctum, cause then we can make bad medicine and stick pins in the voodoo dolls.
cheers! (beer) (beer) (beer) :beer:
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

I concur with Fingers, the flight was good but the idea of wetting the baby's head is a far more interesting prospect. It would have to be an afternoon affair at my place or an full on evening assault in Hexham, everyone invited..... what ya recon?

Ali
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

How about an afternoon affair followed by an evening assault?
Not sure of the wording though? What sort of 'affair' are we talking here, knowing Ali it's got to have some sort of hidden sexual meaning. :P
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01