Paragliding First Aid Course Tomorrow Saturday 8th

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Chris L
Regular

Paragliding First Aid Course Tomorrow Saturday 8th

Post by Chris L »

Organised by Cumbria Soaring Club - Lance Greenhalgh
Still places left. We've booked on Gotta be worth it for a fiver !

See email below from Lance -

Unfortunately Saturday looks like it's blown out and the coaching day will be rescheduled - more details from Dangerous Dave later this week.

So, if you cannot fly on Saturday, why not have a fun day improving your knowledge of first aid?

First Aid instructor Pete Cunningham and para-medic David Watt will provide a special one day of 'on the hill' first aid for paragliding accidents - including practical role plays in simulated accidents, diagnosis, treatment, emergency procedures, etc. Although there is a serious purpose to the training we can guarantee there will be lots of laughs and fun.

The course is at Cliburn Village Hall - CA10 3AL (near Penrith).
A superb soup, sandwich and desert lunch will be provided with refreshments during the day.

THE COST - ONLY £5 - BUT YOU NEED TO LET ME KNOW YOU ARE COMING BEFORE 5pm FRIDAY.

EMAIL: lance.greenhalgh@itmanaged.net or CALL/TEXT: 07770 808497

VENUE: CLIBURN VILLAGE HALL, (6 miles south of PENRITH) CA10 3AL

JUST ONE DAY - AND YOU WILL BE BETTER EQUIPPED TO DEAL WITH ACCIDENTS AND PERHAPS SAVE A LIFE.

Lance Greenhalgh

Wellgarth, Cliburn, Cumbria, CA10 3AL

E-mail : lance.greenhalgh@itmanaged.net
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Chris you have marked this post as a course but it sounds more like a seminar or knowledge building it sounds like this isn't a FORMAL training in First Aid you wouldn't want people getting the wrong idea, but then again I might be wrong
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
Mikey Harper
Mingling

Post by Mikey Harper »

I don't think anybody that attended the course would have walked away with the wrong idea. A big thamks must go out to Lance for organising it and Pete and Dave for their very professional delivery.

The wealth, knowledge and experience that Dave and Pete have was evident for all to see and you couldn't ask for a course to be better tailored to our needs, with them reading and adapting to to our knowledge throughout the day.

Thanks again, it's only a shame more people didn't turn up to something that could save a friends life.

Next time something like this is on offer please think seriously about attending.
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

I agree it is invaluable knowledge to have I myself am a trained First Aider and have been for the last 10 years

07824 554735
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

For those of you who fly with me there is always a first aid kit and foil blanket in the left pocket of my harness. Just incase im the one needing it you know where it is.

07824 554735